12/06/2009

crazy messy busy


Wow, did I ever drop the blogging ball. I can't even tell you how many times I sat down with the intention of writing something, only to be pulled away by some urgent printing/sewing/last-minute-whatever task.

I got back this afternoon from Ottawa, where I was a vendor at this year's Christmas edition of Tarts n' Crafts. What a fantastic and fun time! The vendors and volunteers were great, the venue was literally a block away from where I was staying, and as if that wasn't enough, THEY FED US. That just never happens, and I was blown away. I would do the sale again in a heartbeat, and hope to be at their next event in the spring.

While I was there, I had the opportunity to speak with Christina, who runs Workshop Studio and Boutique. What a lovely gal, and she makes lovely things too! I'm happy to say that the shop now carries a few of my things, so if you live in Ottawa, definitely check it out.

So yeah - I've been crazy, crazy, busy. This week is dedicated to replenishing my stock to sell at next weekend's Rusty Plum Holiday Bazaar. It hasn't been that well advertised, but for all of you locals, the Rusty Plum will be holding a sale at St. Michael's Church on St. Viateur each weekend leading up until Christmas! That means that from now until Christmas, you have four more opportunities to consume delicious perogies and beer while you shop for amazing, unique handmade goods. You just can't beat that.

The picture above was taken a few weeks ago, while busy mixing colours for some new designs. That's a sneak peek of one of the screens on the ground in the background. I'll be showing a few of my new prints next weekend, so definitely stop by to say hi and check it out.

Oh yeah, and buy me perogies and beer.

1 comment:

Littleclouds said...

ahh spatulas ! why didn't I think of that? I use lollipop sticks! gorgeous colours too.
Amazing the craft show organisers fed you, that I've never heard of : O