12/22/2009

happy.

I've once again found myself back in Saskatchewan for the holidays, watching far too many hours of bad television, eating far too much chocolate, and sleeping a little more than I probably should.

I'm not sure what happened while I was packing (exhausted from craft sale mania, I think the focus was on ensuring that all gifts were packed, and little else), but I have the oddest collection of clothing here with me. I've been forced to get creative, and if it weren't for my Mom's excellent taste in vintage handbags, I'd be finishing my last-minute holiday shopping, rolling suitcase in tow. I also managed to forget my camera battery charger, hence the lack of a photo for this post.

We're heading out to Calgary tomorrow to visit my Brother and his family, but right now I'm sitting in front of a fire with my Mom, watching A Christmas Story. Incidentally, when I was in preschool, I managed to stick my tongue to a frozen railing, but that's a story for another time.

So, before I return to my favorite spot on the couch to watch one of my favorite holiday flicks, rum and eggnog in hand, here's hoping that you have a wonderful holiday.

Whatever your family traditions may be, I hope you find yourself surrounded by the people that you love, and I wish you all the best of everything for the new year.

x

No comments: