3/08/2010

la black watch


It seems that every year around this time, I manage to sufficiently injure a knee, rendering me useless. These injuries also tend to occur at the exact moment when the weather takes a significant turn for the better, and I want to be out there every day running like a mad woman.

Running has become like meditation for me, and when I can't do it, I get stir-crazy and really grumpy. I'm hoping that a week of anti-inflammatory meds and rest will do the trick, god help my sanity.

So, what does one do when she can't run? Why, she drinks beer, of course.

Montreal is blessed with a plethora of fantastic microbreweries, much to my luck. We tried some of the new beer from Les Brasseurs de Montréal this past weekend, and I've been telling anyone who will listen that they should do the same.

Personally, I'm a big fan of La Black Watch, a brown Scottish-influenced ale. It has a subtle (but definitely not overly sweet) butterscotch flavor, and is wonderfully drinkable. But maybe that's the Scot in me talking. La London Ruby is also pretty great.

La Chi Orientale
is the only one that's a bit bizarre - as my friend put, it's sort of like drinking sushi. It's a daring flavour, but really over the top. I'm curious how the masses feel about it...

If you live in the Montreal area and have a hankering for a pint, I definitely recommend checking them out.

No comments: