1/13/2011

it's all in the details



I kinda love getting late holiday presents. Jason's sister got me this pretty leather headband for Christmas, and it just arrived today. The headband is made by Manda and is really beautiful. I love it!

And not to detract from the headband, but how pretty is the tape on that envelope?

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to put a bit more work into the packaging of things I send from my shop. I'm ashamed to admit that a lot of time the shipping part of my production gets really rushed. It seems like such a big shame to spend so much time making things that you're proud of, just to hurriedly shove them in an envelope and mail them off.

Maybe this is the perfect excuse to finally buy some of that beautiful Japanese washi paper tape I've been drooling over.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hear you sister! One thing to note is that tape is very low tack...good for peeling off if you make a mistake, not so good for sealing up the outside of a package. grin