4/03/2012

back from the spring sale!



Photo of my niece at this weekend's OOAK show, sporting her finest coucou salut

Hi! I'm back!


The Spring One of a Kind Show definitely lacked the craziness of the holiday sale, but overall was still a great experience. The hours at OOAK can be long (we're talking 11-13 hour days here), especially at the "awkward"  times when there aren't many people milling about. I've already learned that you have to take these opportunities to get out there and meet people - it really helps to make the time fly. So with that in mind, I met some new favorite makers/artists and made some great new contacts, which is always fantastic.

I also managed to do a bit of shopping at this sale, picking up some great printed scarves from Bookhou and Jenna Rose, and a beautiful tumbler from Eikam.

Once again, my Mom came up to help me, which was amazing. I highly recommend that you take a buddy with you when you do this sale, because I honestly don't know if I could do it alone. My Ma is staying in Montreal for the Easter long weekend, with my Stepdad flying up tomorrow. We're all escaping to a beautiful cottage for a few days, and I'm totally looking forward to a few dats of nothing but solid relaxation.

Thanks so much to everyone who came out to the sale, and to all of the great repeat customers! I really appreciate your support and good vibes. :) I plan to photograph and list a TON of new spring things in the etsy shop over the next few weeks, so be sure to check back. If there's anything you're looking for, give me a shout.

I should also mention that I'll be selling some new goodies at an upcoming sale in Saskatoon. The Springtime Handmade Market is being held on April 13 and 14, at St. Joseph's Parish Hall. The sale is being organized by Flock & Gather, and my Mom has graciously agreed to table-sit for the weekend. If you're in the area, you should definitely stop by!

No comments: