8/02/2012

super sophia



This adorable blue-eyed beauty is Sophia, and from what her Mom - Nicolle - tells me, she's the sweetest and bravest little girl that you ever did see.

Sophia was recently diagnosed with a form of Leukemia - which although thankfully treatable and curable - means that she's been undergoing chemotherapy treatment. She's been handling the treatments like a champ, but all of that hospital time is a lot for anyone - not to mention a little girl - to take.

I was introduced to Sophia when Nicolle approached me via etsy to help with a special project: she wanted a custom illustration of Sophia to be used for fundraising purposes. I was happy to help out, and after discussing what she had in mind, we came up with "Super Sophia", the bravest little superhero with the craziest curly hair:
Complete with pink cape, Sophia is ready to tackle anything that comes her way!

It was so rewarding to work with Nicolle on this, and I'm happy to have created an image that will help both Sophia and her Mom to be brave and positive about the future ahead. Nicolle tells me that Sophia is currently in remission and back to being a normal little kid, which is fantastic news!


I wish them both the absolute best!

I would love to work on more projects like this. If you're interested in a custom illustration, please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss what you have in mind.

No comments: