1/14/2009

Tiltshift

My Dad had a train set when I was a kid (what was with that train set fad in the late 70's and 80's?), and although my Brother and I were never allowed to go into the special "train room" unattended, I adored it. It was a rare treat when we were granted access and I could feast my eyes on the minature landscape my Dad had constructed. I must have only been 4 or 5 years old, but I swear I can still remember the smell of those tiny fake trees...

I'm sure that my early fascination with that train set leads directly to my current obsession with Tiltshift photography.


Metal Heart from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.



Years ago, I saw some still-photography examples of this technique as part of one of the Free Range grad shows (sadly I can't remember specific artists or schools, just that it was in one of the Truman Brewery buildings), but quickly forgot about it again until recently.

I'm happy that it's back on my radar again - I was first sent the link to Keith Loutit's work a few weeks ago, and today while trolling through some old blog entries, I came across some great links at Drawn.

Bet you can't watch just one.

No comments: