11/04/2009

peep toe


peep toe, originally uploaded by shannylea.

I've finally gotten around to editing some of the photos that I took this summer (!), while on my annual trip home to Saskatchewan.

One of my favorite things to do while I'm home (in addition to attending as many garage sales as is humanly possible) is exploring abandoned farm houses and ghost towns.

The above picture was taken in the old general store/post office at Bents, Saskatchewan.

It's always so strange to wander around these abandoned spaces - there is often so much left behind. It always makes you wonder what happened to the people who lived and worked there, and what made them just drop what they were doing one day, lock the door and walk away.

There is so much of Saskatchewan's forgotten past contained in these buildings. It's hard not to take thousands of photographs.

You can view the whole set on my flickr page.

No comments: