5/15/2010

tea for two


It's been chilly and gray here today, calling for long afternoon naps and warm cups of tea.

My sewing machine is in the shop for some maintenance, and it feels like it's been a long while since I've had a weekend off.

On Friday night, we finally signed the lease for our new apartment, and I absolutely can't wait until next month, when we can start moving in. It's been about 5 years since I've lived alone, and it's going to be so nice to get back to that. The idea of moving into a space that's ALL MINE, and can be decorated EXACTLY AS I LIKE is kind of blowing my mind. Fortunately, J has good taste and trusts my judgment, so I pretty much have free reign. I thank my lucky stars every day that I don't have to contend with a "man cave" and sports paraphernalia. Although to be honest, I think both would be deal breakers for me.

Despite the rain, I spent the afternoon sitting on the balcony and flipping through old issues of Ready Made, looking for inspiration. I foresee a lot of pale yellow, gray and robin's egg blue.

I've also convinced my Mom to haul all of my long-forgotten vintage treasures and some other amazing finds up to Montreal from Saskatchewan this summer. Did I mention that my Mom is an antique dealer? Who regularly picks things up for me? And who has the same aforementioned good taste? Again, counting my lucky stars.

This post cannot possibly contain the amount of excitement I feel.

No comments: