8/31/2011

ballooning


So it's officially that time of year to look back over the past few months, lament not spending enough time picnicing and wonder just where did all of that time go?

Life have been busy. Summer has been busy. But busy and good. Really, really good.

Things are on the up and up, and I have exciting news to share in the next few days.

In the meantime, here's a quick recap of some summer highlights:
  • I bought a new bike from this great bike shop! She's beautiful, blue and I love her.
  • We've been eating many a brunch from this place (conveniently located a few doors down from the bike shop). It's amazing, the staff is great, and I love that their collection of 70's stoneware dishes are throwbacks to our childhood, like this and this.
  • My Mom and Stepdad came up for a week, and it was amazingly nice. They painted our bedroom for us (!) among some other home improvements, and it was so nice to have them around.
  • We all went to Vermont for a couple of days, and visited Burlington. Such a cool little town. I'm definitely going to have to go back soon.
  • On the way back we lucked out and caught the Balloon Festival as a ton of balloons were launching into the sky. I would have never planned to go to this, but it was really cool to stumble upon it.
  • Last night, J made quick pickles (the recipe he used was from cook's illustrated, but you get the idea) for the first time, and they were super good.
Ah summer, you've been pretty good to me.

No comments: