5/28/2012

may = moving


Unfortunately, as far as to-do lists are concerned, this here blog gets shuffled to the bottom. It's something I'd like to work on, but until I can figure out the magic balance, here's a quick update on things around here:

The big news is that we're moving apartments! At the end of this week! It all happened very suddenly, but we're happy about it. We would have preferred to not move (moving super sucks - we just did it two years ago, and it still feels painfully fresh in our minds), but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. We ended up finding a new place that's bigger, better and with a much more open layout. It was the only place that J and I walked into where we both thought "this is better than our current place!". I always feel greedy when I talk about wanting more space in Montreal because some people live in teensy apartments and are awesome at making it work for them. Me, I have extreme pack rat/borderline hoarder tendencies, and cannot turn down beautiful street furniture. I'm getting better with age, but me and space work well together.

So yeah, on Friday we leave our precious Mile End for the North country of Rosemount. It's going to be a big change for us (no flower lady or delicious Korean restaurant right around the corner), but it's still a great neighbourhood, and we'll be surrounded by some amazingly beautiful Parisian-style parks and all the beauty that is Cinema Beaubien. And the market is just a few blocks away!

In between shuttling boxes around, I'll be gearing up for a couple of spring sales! I'll be at Puces Pop on June 9th and 10th, and I'll also be selling a few things on the Mount Royal Street Sale on the same weekend. I'll post more details as I receive them.

I'm also working on some new products in between completing wholesale orders (if you're interested in wholesale, please don't hesitate to contact me!), including some stuffed little humpty-esque people. The photo at the top is of one of the my first little guys, and I love how grumpy he looks. I have a giant stash of vintage fabrics, and I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate it into products. If I can swing it I'll finish a few of these little buddies for the upcoming sales.

So yeah, we have our work cut our for us over here, but busy is how we like it, so onwards and upwards we go!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So happy to hear your news, Shannon! Was the wholesale info I provided helpful for you? :)