7/09/2012

i made a bag

I've been feeling a bit uninspired lately (or shall I say: uninspired to work, but very inspired to sit outside in the sun), so I decided to change the pace a bit this weekend. If you can believe it, I've never sewn a bag, so decided to make a simple tote with one of my new prints.


It was super easy, but I still managed to sew the right sides together. Twice. I didn't really use a pattern, just kind of tossed it together from using a few different tutorials as reference. There are a ton of patterns for totes out there - I really like this one from Eelke, but wanted to work with what I had in my studio. I ended up referring to this one (again from the fantastic DIY library on designsponge) quite a bit.

If you follow me on instagram (coucoushannon), you may have noticed my neon pink obsession, which shows no sign of letting up. This prompted me to print one of my new screens in fluo pink and white.

I'm really happy with how this fabric turned out, and may even whip up a few more bags or similarly fashionable objects to wear/carry. What do you think?

No comments: