9/12/2012

working, working, walking

Hello! I'm walking like a normal human being again!

My physiotherapist got me to this point in ONE visit. While I was there, I asked him how long it would have taken me to be "fixed" if I had continued my trajectory through the public system. He responded with 6 months. 6 MONTHS of not walking like a normal human being. This saddens and frustrates me, and all I can say is that I feel lucky to have health insurance that will cover most of my physio.


The knee is by no means perfect yet. I'm still experiencing a bit of discomfort/pain, and have essentially just been walking (and walking a ton to try to keep in shape) while we figure out all of the muscle imbalances that got me here in the first place.

But I can walk!

At a normal pace!

Up stairs!

And just for the record, and if only for my personal reference when I undoubtedly do this again to myself in a few months -  I will not push my body like that anymore. Mark my words. Crisis averted, lessons learned.

But in the meantime, I have prep to do. So much prep. Prep and printing covering every surface of the studio.




Puces Pop is next weekend, and it's so exciting! I'm going to have a bunch of new onesies with me (finally!), as well as some cute new stuffed goods. It should be a good time, come one, come all.





I hope to see you all there!



No comments: