11/01/2012

busy busy city city


I guess it should go without saying that when things get quiet around here, I'm busy elsewhere. Probably busy printing or sewing. Or tagging. Or packaging. Or planning. Or warming up a can of Chunky soup. I've eaten way too much soup lately (read: quick, relatively healthy, inexpensive, wheat-free), and quite frankly, it's getting tiresome.

Things are hectic right now as I prep for the upcoming holiday sales. I'm hoping to be at as many as possible this year, so it's requiring every ounce of energy I have in me to get it done. The first show I'll be at is the One of a Kind Show in Toronto, which starts mere weeks away (eep). I always feel like I have forever to prep for this show, and then at the last minute realize how much I have to do. I'll get it done, but it always requires a bit of panic mode energy for me to push through.

A big part of the prep for this show has been my booth design. I've graduated out of the Rising Stars section to a proper 5'x10' space, so it requires a bit more of everything. As much as it can be stressful at times, I find that creating a great display on a budget (and with a minimal shipping costs) is kind of a fun challenge. I'm going to be renting walls from a fellow artist, and I'm really trying to maximize what materials I already have in my display. The goal: buy as little as humanly possible.

I've been printing some panels of my city blocks design to incorporate into my display, and I really like how it looks with all of those little buildings and cars stacked up. I originally imagined this print as a wallpaper, but never went through with it. I still think I'd like to see it, and now that Spoonflower prints wallpaper (has anyone tried this out?), maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I can't wait to see it all come together, and will definitely share photos. I really hope it looks as great in person as it does in my head!

I hope everyone out there is having a productive fall!



No comments: