10/19/2009

shut up and look happy



My New Yorker friend Laurel and her man Greg are two of the good ones. Always up for a drink, always down for a chat and if that weren't enough, they're both just really freaking adorable.

Greg happens to be in a little band called Swimclub, and luckily for all of us, I happen to love their music.

Whenever I have one of those days where I wake up only to remember that I don't speak French, that the bills need to be paid, and that I still miss New York, Swimclub has a way of reminding me to just shut up and be happy.

They're playing the CMJ festival in New York tomorrow (October 20) at 8 p.m., at The Rose in Williamsburg , and I wish I could be there. If you live in the area, go and show them some well-deserved love.

And if you don't live in the area, listen to this and tell me you don't love it.

No comments: