10/17/2009

soup and snowsuits


I've been busy cooking up some new designs. I'll be printing up some of these little guys next week and adding them to the shop in time for holiday fun.

And speaking of cooking, I attended a soup cook-off held by some friends last night, which marked my first foray into the world of soup making. I whipped up (read: chopped, ground, minced, boiled and toiled for about 3 hours) an African Yam soup, to rave reviews.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of cooking, so soup making is a bit over-the-top for me, to say the least. However, despite the involved process, it did make a ton of tasty soup, and was pretty fool-proof. I may just have to try it again a few times this fall and winter.

The winning soup was some amazing and crazy concoction involving homemade french fries, a butter chicken-like broth and mussels. I feel very fortunate to have such a talented and culinary savvy group of friends. I wish they would cook for me more often.

No comments: