1/21/2010

Le Pick Up


I would like to take a moment to sing the praises of Depanneur Le Pick Up.

Located just a few blocks from my studio, I use their tasty coffee as a bribe to get my ass out of the apartment and get printing. I usually peruse their day-old cookie selection as well, but for those of you who aren't unemployed, they do also make amazing (and reasonable priced) sandwiches. I have it on good authority that the haloumi grilled cheese is where it's at.

The last time I was by, I noticed that they now sell super adorable tote bags in two sizes, $3.00 for the small one in the picture. Only $3.00! I had to buy one, unemployed or not. It's the perfect size for all of my French books.

And, even if you're weird and don't love amazing food, they have a great selection of local zines and art mags, and host art events.

I know it's across the tracks, but it's totally worth it. Check. It. Out.

No comments: